Monday 4 April 2011

EVALUATION QUESTION 6 - What have I learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Throughout this process, I have expanded my knowledge on construction on technology programmes such as photoshop and pages.  I found using photoshop both challenging, useful and interesting because photoshop as a whole is presented as a very technological, complicated however useful piece of software. I soon got used to the methods of layers and tools although it was quite tricky at first because some things did not go to plan. One advantage of photoshop is that you can just about to anything on it. For instance, you can apply as many layers as you like including text, styles and images. when using photoshop you will find that there are no limitations as to what you can create which i think is why i liked using photoshop soo much. One disadvantage of this process would be very minor however I did have some problems with applying the text on to the background as it was extremly colourful in which i had problems spacing the text onto the vibrant backgound.

However using pages was great because it allowed me to be creative using a more simpler form of software in comparison to photoshop which is a lot more longwinded. pages was simple and straight forward and allowed me to create layers without complicating anything. I managed to copy and paste my article easily and apply my images. One detail i found of pages very good was the fact that you could simply lock down your layers easily so they would stay in place which helped me a lot because before i discoverd i could do this it was very frustrating as everything kept moving out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment