Wednesday 5 January 2011

EVALUATION QUESTION 1 - In what ways does your music magazine use develop or challenge forms and conventions of real music magazines

My music magazine uses some forms and conventions, which are symbolic with many typical magazines. For example,  masthead, lures, tag line, cover line, date, issue bar code, large central image, props. This was because from my research my magazine had to have these conventions. I also used a traditional layout of a contents page with writing down the side. My magazine is underground dubstep and drum'n'bass genre therefore have used mixmag and get darker as an example because it is a dubstep magazine.

mixmag uses bold capital letters, which is symbolic of the genre. The colors used are reds, grey and blacks. This is because they are popular contemporary colors. As well as using street iconography makes it market friendly  and connotes the target audience.

My masthead connotes the music genre as underground dub uses street iconography and colloquial language. It's a large bold font which symbolizes this by using a dubstep theme. My main image anchors the masthead. I used mixmag and get darker as a template for  music magazine as it represented a close audience.




I developed the use of lures with muscle building, this is because it more about the target audience. I didn't challenge any codes or convantions as I based my magazine around what was in other magazines as they seemed to be doing well and so therefore didn't improve any conventions just related them to a more teenage audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment